Monday, June 18, 2012

Celebrating Father's Day

Growing up, I never really had the chance to get to know my father. I don't have memories of celebrating Father's Day with him and had the opportunity to say "I love you Pa".  He left for abroad to work there when I was 3. Then time came when we lost communication with him and got estranged with him. But before  he passed away he made efforts to get in touch with us, which I am truly thankful for. He made peace with us and somehow we were able to accept him again. But still we didn't have enough time to bond and really be together and he just passed away too soon.

I wished the situation then would have been different. How I longed to feel how it is to have your father beside you. When you have problems, you can talk with him and ask for guidance. But certain things just happen for a reason. I still feel lucky that I got to know my father. I know he is in a better place now.

For those who have their fathers together with them, make sure you treasure each moment and savor the happy times you have. I thank my father for helping me become a better person and to my wonderful mother who has become both a mother and a father to us, I love you ma. Happy father's day to all the fathers out there and to all the single moms for also playing the role of being a father to their children.

No comments:

Post a Comment