Thursday, May 21, 2009

Alone and Lovin It!

Wondering along the busy streets of Metro Manila, there seems to be a thrill in exploring the new found place all by yourself. An element of adventure, danger and excitement all wrapped into one. While strolling along the sidewalks you'll be surprised to see different people speak different languages. And I just can't help but feel overwhelmed by this experience.

It's always nice to have someone to travel with. But when the purpose of your travel is strictly for business or some important matter that you have to deal with by yourself, travel companions might be the last thing on your mind. You don't want to drag them along with you knowing that your not there to enjoy the place. There's also the added travel expense you have to think of which could post a big problem when you're working on a tight budget. Like me. lol

I had to go to Manila in order to take my long overdue NCLEX examination. For the previous months I've been working so hard to prepare for this exam and finally I'm going to take it. As much as I want to bring along my beloved mother, I had to consider the additional expenses. It's also impossible to bring her with me because my sister with her baby will be left all alone in the house. So in the end I just had to accept the fact that I am going to Manila all by myself.

I was a little scared going by self for the main reason that I am not familiar with place and Manila is known to be scattered with dangerous people such as hold uppers. Anyway, there's no other option left for me so I had to brave myself and go to Manila.

After my exams, I had some free time for myself so I decided to roam around the place and see what's in store. I stayed with my auntie's apartment after the exam and was left again all alone because she had to work. With nothing left for me to do, I had to drag myself out of the room. I went to explore the Espiritu Santo Church, and was awed by it's structure and huge statues of some known religious images. The place is very sacred and filled with holiness despite its location which is just along the busy street of Rizal avenue. I had some quiet moment there and became more connected with the Almighty Creator. Afterward, I felt remarkably light and confident that I could do anything. I never regretted that I visited the place. I also went to SM San Lazaro and was quite disappointed with the mall because it was not that big. It was just the same with what we have in Davao. So to kill the time I just continued window shopping and bought myself a pair of shades, a very affordable one I might add.lol. I also went to visit some cafes and specially liked the Coffee Bean because of their delightfully tasty muffins.

At the end of the day, I was amazed that although I was alone exploring the place I actually did enjoy the place. Sometimes it's also fun to visit a new place all by yourself because then you don't have to worry about whether your companion will complain or would rather go somewhere else. Also you'll become more independent. This is one experience that I would like to do again next time I'll have the opportunity.

No comments:

Post a Comment