Friday, May 29, 2009

An Arduous Experience

I just got back from Manila after the grueling experience I had. I took the NCLEX exam there together with my friends Dgay and Joycee. It was such an arduous exam requiring a lot of in depth analysis. After the exam I really felt drained and exhausted both physically and mentally.

I took the exam for more than four hours and I thought Iwas never going to finish it judging from my pace. It was totally different while I was reviewing. I was able to anwer a maximum of 200 questions in two hours but during my actual exam, I felt I was really dragging and taking so long in answering the questions. It's been two hours already and I still got only 70 questions.

Physically, I wasn't prepared well to take the exam. Two days before my exam, I didn't sleep well and the day before the exam I had to meet a relative. She toured me to some known places that I didn't really enjoyed much having so much anxiety for my coming exam. I arrived at my hotel later than I expected because of the traffic we encountered. With so much anxiety building up inside of me, I barely slept during the night and just kept turning and tossing around my bed. In the morning, I took a light breakfast. As much as I wanted to enjoy the sumptous meal prepared, I just didn't have the appetite.

Throughout my exam, I felt ill and burdened. I just prayed that I'll finish the exam soon. I didn't even take a bite of my food during the break because I was afraid I'd lose more time. With every question I took, I always prayed "please let this be the right answer God". I was really losing hope when long at last, my computer shut down. The screen was displayed with - Congratulations! You just finished taking the NCLEX exam. I've never felt so relieved in my life! Thank God! I finished the exam. Now I'll just have to wait for the results.



No comments:

Post a Comment