Everyday we go out of our homes on our way to work, school or just trying to run an errand we encounter different forms of bacterias and viruses which post us greater risk of acquiring various illnesses. The ever-changing weather condition also contributes to the setting in of cough, colds, fever and flu. Adding to that, there's also the heavy load of stress we have to face everyday which further lowers our immune system and increases our chances of getting sick.
We can't help but deal with it and the most effective way is strengthen our immune system. Here's some helpful tips to boost our immune system I read from the article of Victoria Anisman-Reiner.
- Drink your lemons. Take fresh juices the natural way. Drink juice from freshly squeezed fruits and not coming from preserved products or powdered form juices.
- Get a good night's sleep of 8-10 hrs. A very simple tip yet so hard to achieve especially when you're working on a graveyard shift.
- Give your body an herbal boost through herbal supplements to help your body fight such illnesses.
- Eat plenty of fresh fruits, vegetables and protein,
- Drink plenty of water.
- Stop drinking coffee. This is the hard part because I just love coffee. Maybe if you can't totally eliminate coffee in your system then try to limit your intake to 1-2 cups a day.
- Exercise! Spend some time outside of your homes and give your muscles something to do. For me walking is the best form of exercise. Try brisk walking early in the morning for a period of 30-60 minutes. it's a good start.
- Nurture yourself. Definitely! After a hard day's work you also need to pamper yourself afterward. Love yourself go out with friends or treat yourself to nice nice massage. When you're in the state of depression and emotions go haywire seek help with your friends and family.